Course Code: 003
This 1 year NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship course is ideal for school leavers who want to earn while they learn. Apprenticeships involve working in a spa/salon/nail bar/hair dressers for 30-40 hours per week and being funded by the 'European Social Fund' to attend college one day per week. The course leads to NVQ qualifications and includes Aesthetic Treatments and is taught 1 day per week over 12 months. The NVQ 2 course can lead to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Apprenticeship courses are provided by Introtrain.
Our Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy Course:
An ideal course for 16-18 year olds leaving school wanting to undertake an apprenticeship. The syllabus is especially suited to students who wish to learn alongside work. Extra study at home is required for case studies, projects, research and revision.
Students are taught in a friendly environment to the highest professional standards in all aspects of beauty therapy. As well as the general course of study, students will be set regular homework, case studies and assignments to complete during the course.
Upon successful completion of the NVQ 2 course, students may be eligible to proceed onto the NVQ 3 course to study an advanced beauty therapy apprenticeship subject to reaching the required criteria and standards.
Please note that this course is subject to entry requirements and an interview. Students must be 18 or under to receive Government funding from the European Social Fund and have a full-time job as an apprentice in a salon/spa/nail bar/hair dressers. Students who have not reached a 4/C grade at GCSE level in Maths and English will be required to undertake Functional Skills. Functional skills are provided by Introtrain.
Course Outline – NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy:
- Provide and Maintain Facial Skin Condition BT4
- Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments BT5
- Remove Hair Using Wax Techniques BT6
- Provide Manicure Treatment BT7
- Provide Pedicure Treatment BT8
- Provide Makeup Treatment BT9
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Professional Ethics
- Health, Safety & Hygiene in the salon
- Please note the college and examination board reserve the right to change the syllabus at any time
UK Students must meet the following criteria:
- Photo identification (i.e. passport or driving licence).
- Names & addresses of 2 referees.
- Interview with the College Registrar or Course Tutor.
- VTCT NVQ Level 2
Apply for this course
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will get back to you shortly: