Course Code: 003
This 14 month course is ideal for those wishing to study part-time and still gain internationally recognised qualifications. The course leads to CIBTAC and OICB qualifications and includes Aesthetic Treatments, Electrical Epilation & Body Therapy and is taught 3 days per week (21 hours) over 14 months.
This part-time study option leads to International qualifications, the British Confederation of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBTAC) and OICB certificates.
An ideal course for those with other commitments who prefer a part-time study option. The syllabus is especially suited to students who wish to learn alongside family or work. Extra study at home is required for projects, research and revision.
Students are taught in a friendly environment to the highest professional standards in all aspects of beauty therapy. As well as the general course of study, students will be set regular homework and assignments to complete during the course.
Upon successful completion of the CIBTAC Aesthetics, Body Therapy and Electrolysis examinations, students may be eligible to take a CIDESCO top-up course and examinations towards the end of the course to reach the required criteria and standards.
Course outline - CIBTAC Spa Beauty and Body Therapist:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Cosmetic Science
- Advanced Facials
- Facial Electrotherapy
- Eye Treatments
- Ear Piercing
- Hair Removal
- Cosmetic Makeup
- Epilation (electrolysis)
- Diet, Exercise & Nutrition
- Heat Treatments
- Swedish Body Massage
- Body Treatment & Figure Analysis
- Body Electrotherapy
- Professional Ethics
- Business Studies
- First Aid
- Health, Safety & Hygiene in the Salon
- Careers Advice and Presentations from Industry leaders
- Spa Find ‘Product Knowledge’ certificate
Additional OICB certificates gained:
- Ear Piercing
In addition to the above, OICB students benefit from the following:
- Retail Training
- Commercial salon experience (1 ½ days per week)
- Career Development
- Career Presentations
- Spa Experience - a trip to a leading health spa (extra fee applies)
- Professional Development
- 2 week work placement in a salon or spa
- Dermalogica Product Knowledge
- Jessica Nails professional manicure and pedicure training
- Jane Iredale ‘Mineral Basics’ makeup certificate
Students will need to meet the following:
- 5 GCSE’s grades A to E or equivalent.
- Last school report if school leaver.
- Photo identification (i.e. passport or driving licence).
- Names & addresses of 2 referees.
- Interview with College Principal.
Please note that this course is subject to entry requirements and an interview.
Telephone interviews can be arranged for overseas students if required.
Qualifications and Certifications
This course of study will lead to the follow qualifications:
- OICB Diploma
Apply for this course
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will get back to you shortly: